Britney Recording With Sean Garrett & JR Rotem

Written by admin. Posted in Circus, Comeback

Britney Spears is back in the recording studio with J.R. Rotem and Sean Garrett, the producers confirm to PEOPLE.

“She’s great,” Rotem told PEOPLE at the BMI Pop Awards in Beverly Hills on Tuesday. “She’s like a master at what she does. She’s a lot more experienced than most people. She just has the ‘it’ factor that not every artist has. So it’s always nice to work with her.”

Although Rotem, who briefly dated Spears in 2007, would not reveal any details of the project, a Spears family source tells PEOPLE that the pop star is in the early stages of a follow-up to her last album Blackout, which was released last October.

“Britney is in the experimental stages of a new album,” says the source. “She’s trying to find the sound and direction she wants to go in, but nothing is set in stone just yet. She has been playing the piano a lot and just singing. She says she misses ‘just singing.'”

Producer Sean Garrett was mum on specifics but says that he and Spears, 26, have “a few things in the works.” At the BMI Pop Awards, Garrett told PEOPLE: “I’m just happy to see her back and recovering. She’s really shaping up and getting her whole situation back together. I’m really proud and happy to see her.”

A rep for Spears’s record label had no comment.

Source: People Magazine

Britney visited a voice coach again yesterday, can’t’ wait to hear what this next album will sound like!

J.R. ROTEM is alright but SEAN GARRETT is one of the best in da biz. If she gets TIMBALAND/DANJA, PHARRELL WILLIAMS, and T-PAIN she would have da tightest album. Shit she can even get JUSTIN if he wanna help (he’ll most likely b wit TIMBALAND N-E WAY). ~N~ she needa switch it up. She needa do some collaborations cuz she only done 3 (PHARRELL, MADONNA, YING YANG TWINS). It b betta if she branch out more. She also needa put more than 12 songs on her new album. I’ve notice dats wut she does. 12-13. She needa put @ least 16 or 18

This is some great news. 2008 could end really great for Britney. Which is good considering how it started. I agree though she should put more songs on the album then normal. Although only putting 12 or 13 songs on an album might not be her decision but the labels.

• Danny

no timbaland please, i hope she never works with him

why not danny TIMBALAND is da best producer.

• Danny

hes really boring now, pretty soon everyone will get tired of him if he doesnt change his sound

i find hard candy reall DULL

• Billy

Bloodshy and Avant, anyone?

DANNY… I THOUGHT “HARD CANDY” WUZ REALLY GOOD ! U CAN’T BLAME TIMBALAND!!!… JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE,TIMBALAND, AND DANJA PRODUCED 5 TRACKS 2GETHER ON THE ALBUM & PHARRELL PRODUCED DA REST. I LOVE HIS SOUND & I THINK HE ALWAYS BRINGS SUMTHIN DIFFERENT.

BLOODSHY & AVANT R GOOD 2 BUT I DONT KNO MUCH OF DERE STUFF…

O ~N~ CLIFTON IT IS UP 2 HER HOW MANY SONGS SHE WANTS 2 PUT. DA LABEL AND HER DISCUSS IT 2GETHER.. I REALLY HOPE SHE PUTS MORE.

I can’t wait for this album, i know it’ll be awesome, cuz it’s Brit, and well all her albums are great so yea. and i don’t care who she works with lol.

• Billy

Bloodshy and Avant produced Toxic, Do Somethin’, Piece of me, Radar, Freakshow, and Toy Soldier. There’s a couple more that I can’t remember, but yeah, they’re good.

• frejhay

Great songwriters/prodcuers to work with:

!. Timbaland (CSexyback, Promiscuous, 4 minutes)
    2. Nate “Danja” Hills (Gimme More, Break the ice)
    3. Bloodshy & Avant (Toxic, Piece of me, Am To Pm, Supernatural)
    4. Jazzie Pha (Goodies, 1, 2 step)
    5. T-Pain (Bartender, Buy U a drank)
    6. Pharrell WIlliams (Drop it like it’s hot, slave4u, hot in herre)
    7. Kanye West (Gold digger, you don’t know my name, talk about our love)
    8. Jermaine Dupri (don’t forget about us, other mariah & janet songs)
    9. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins (lose my breath, what about us)
    10. Xenomania (Sugababes & Girls aloud songs)
    11. Sean Garrett (Buttons)
    12. Ne-Yo (so sick, irreplaceable, take a bow)
    13. Linda Perry (get the party started, beautiful, hurt)
    14. William Orbit (ray of light, feel good time)

• frejhay

I think it will be great if Britney will collbaorate with Fergie or Nelly Furtado…. That will be hot and awesome…

I think she should collaborate with bloodshy & avant and come out with a killer song that makes Toxic history!!!
    It should be strong, massive and with a huge production for a video. Joseph kahn should direct it..Did u guys realize that we’re still waiting for “Toxic 2”???
    When everyone thought gimme more was gonna have a hot video, it wasn’t (but the song rocked!), Piece of me was fine but her dance in that video resembled nothing like the Britney we used to know, and yeah, break the ice, the video…..there’s nothing left to say….

IF U GUYS HAVEN’T HEARD OR SEEN DA VIDEO YET PRODUCERS (NOT MANY CUZ THEY DON’T WANNA TAKE THE RISK) R TRYIN 2 GET BRITNEY SPEARS 2 COME 2 MTV 4 DIS YEAR’S VMA AND HOPING IT WONT END UP LIKE LAST YEAR

O ~N~ PREM I UNDERSTAND WUT UR SAYIN. PEOPLE R CALLING RADAR TOXIC #2 CUZ THEY ALMOST SOUND ALIKE, SO DA VIDEO HAS 2 BE DA SHIT.

NOBODY HATE ME BUT I’MA BE HONEST I HATED ALL 3 VIDEOS. “GIMME MORE”: WUT DA HELL WUZ DAT BUT … IT’S A TIGHT ASS SONG. “PIECE OF ME” WUZ OK BUT SHE STILL LOOKED LIKE SHE DIDN’T KNO WUT DA HELL SHE WUZ DOIN AND DA DANCIN WASNT EVEN DANCIN. “BREAK THE ICE”: NOTHIN WRONG WITH HER TAKIN DA ANIME APPROACH BUT I THOUGHT SHE WOULD ATLEAST BE IN IT SUM WUT. DA CONCEPT WUZ GREAT BUT DA VIDEO COULD HAVE BEEN WAY, WAY, WAY BETTER.

Sorry I have a correction 2 make. I put VMA’S when it should be MTV MOVIE AWARDS…. MY BAD!!!!!!!

• jeff.phillipines!!!

i realy miz your voice britney,,and i thougt that you are always ok with you two son and your someone special..takecare!!!!LOVE YOU

• i'm_rul

Its Britney, guys! Whatever she has sung is always the best in pop. So if she colaborate with someone special music producer, it’ll be an incredible work. So why we’ll miss the oppurtunity to get Britney closer. Closer to feel the music n god damn Britney vocal. Love you. Your music is the divine music.

I liked the “Gimme More” Video even though it coulda been better i still liked it and i love the “Piece of Me” Video, and well the “Break the Ice” Video while it was a good concept as Mimi said it def. coulda been way better, so yea let’s hope the video for “Radar” is freakin awesome!!!!!

• Flor

buenisimo , amo a Britney!!!!!!!!!!!!
    soy super fan de ella
    este es mi mail si me kieren agregar:[email protected]
    chauu
    besitos
    los kiero mucho!

• Jack90

Please,no Timbaland and Justin T in the album cause their music is very familiar and not so fresh. I’m tired of that combinations. Kanye West too. Did you remember he talking bad about Britney at last year VMA’S? Danja,The Clutch,Sean G are some of the great producers in market. Glad that Britney are working with them again. Oh yeah,T-Pain too.