Britney & Kevin Meet To Discuss Custody

Written by admin. Posted in Custody Battle

Despite their differences over the last year, Britney Spears and her ex-hubby Kevin Federline have one thing in common — they’d both like to avoid going to trial this summer over the custody of their two young sons Sean Preston and Jayden James.

On Thursday, the pop singer, her father Jamie Spears and K-Fed managed to sneak away to a secret location where they and their attorneys began to try and hammer out an out-of-court custody deal ordered by commissioner Scott Gordon.

However, the all-day meeting (rumored to have been at a 5-star hotel) ultimately resulted in nothing. Both Brit and K-Fed refused to give an inch beyond the current custody status: K-Fed has temporary physical custody and Britney has visitation, which now inlcudes one overnight visit per week.

The long, drawn-out conference seemed to take its toll on the recovering pop star. An eyewitness tells OK! that following the meeting, Brit went directly back to her Studio City home at The Summit and then headed to the Ritz Carlton Hotel where she promptly booked a massage and sauna session.

Looks like the August trial date is still on — for now!

Source: OK! Magazine

• Billy

Still rooting for 50/50 by the end of summer!

Bet Kevin was being a jackass about the whole thing. Would seem like him. I’m rooting for Britney to get full custody and Kevin to disappear into oblivion where he belongs. But I guess 50/50 would be good to. I just hope this thing ends before the children get old enough where this could really effect them emotionally. But if it does it’s all Kevin’s fault. He’s the asshole in the situation.

• Danny

i disagree, britney made a lot of stupid desicions last year… i know it was probably due to her mental issues but i dont think this is really kevins fault

its his fault that shes in this mess in the first place, but i dont blame him for the custody arrangement

Britney might return 2 the VMA’S dis year and i blame britney 4 losin her kids she needed help and she refused when it was offered to her, but she seems to b gettin there slowly….

• Billy

I get what you’re saying, but you can’t really blame someone for a mental illness that influences their actions. The conservatorship and psychiatrics seem to have stabilized her. 2007 was an unfortunate situation, but it wasn’t anyone’s fault. I’m glad she’s on the road to recovery. You can really tell she’s made a lot of progress since the beginning of the year. She really does deserve at least 50/50 custody of her kids. I know she’s a good person and a good mother, and I’m proud of her. =)

Also, I’m kind of getting tired of all of Britney’s fans hating on Kevin Federline. We all know he’s a d-bag, but the fact is he’s going to be part of Britney’s life and her children’s lives forever. Just remember when you talk about him you’re talking about Britney’s children’s father. We might as well all be mature about the situation, because he’s staying for good. Britney probably wants her fans to be.

• Danny

i know, but i just meant i dont think kevin is to blame for the current situation, like britney fans try to make out

• Billy

Yeah…I agree. I don’t think Kevin’s really to blame either.

Well I’m gonna blame em because it is partly his fault. I hate the guy and always will because when it comes down to it he’s a gold digging jackass, who used Britney and the kids for money and fame and never really loved Britney(and maybe not the kids either). Now I will admit Britney’s emotional and mental state and the things they caused were part of the problem. But she would have never been put into such an extreme state if it wasn’t for the actions of Kevin Federline. This whole thing started because of him and was continually made worse over time by his continued bullshit actions and I’m never gonna forget that. Honestly I think a lot of you have forgotten what he’s done and the kinda guy he is and bought into the tabloid and media bullshit that he’s a good guy. Which is far from the truth cause he’s not. Remember what this guy has done to Britney people. And I bet eventually this good guy bullshit act will fall and he will start showing himself as the jackass he is. In fact I think it’s already starting.

BUT ITS NOT KEVIN’S FAULT ITS BRITNEY’S. THE WHOLE SITUATION IS HER FAULT. SHE ASKED K-FED TO MARRY HER AFTER 5 MONTHS AFTER MEETING. SHE BOUGHT HIM SHIT SHE LET HIM USE HER MONEY…. K-FED ONLY THING IS DAT HE USED HER. AIN’T HIS FAULT BRITNEY INVITED HIM IN. HE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION. HE PEOBALY LOVED HER BUT USED HER, BUT LIKE I SAID SHE SEEMS 2 GETTIN BACK ON TRACK AND DATS GOOD 4 HER. SHE JUST NEEDS TO DO AN INTERVIEW (WITH TYRA BANKS, SHE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WOULD REALLY CARE) AND GET HERSELF TOGETHER… SHE’LL BE BACK!!!!

• Dman

Haha tyra banks is a joke im sorry. Shes kewl and all but as for a serious talk show host i dont get it. Does nuthin for me. Oprah all da way!

The way I see it, the moment Kevin stepped into her life, everything started spinning out of control. Fans use to see her as that innocent teen pop sensation. Things changed (mostly her image), and fans accepted her as a super sexed-up doll. But, that was fine, even until she made mistakes like marrying her childhood friend and divorcing him after 55 hours. We still stuck by her. Then, there were stories of the private-part flashings, pink wig, VMA’s, disappointing efforts to promote her album and SO ON…

My point is that there is no point blaming Kevin or Britney in regard of this issue. Why? Because no matter what, we always supported Britney and defended her no matter what she has done even if we know (deep down us) that the act was her own fault, foolish and just wrong.

I eat, live and sleep Britney. She’s like part of my life. i don’t even know how it started, so I don’t have to tell you guys that I love her to death. But, we gotta admit…some of the stuff that’s haunting her now actually could have been avoided! Period!

no if ya’ll didnt notice her life started going down hill da moment she broke up with Justin Timberlake. They really loved each other. I don’t know who did wut but it had 2 be so bad dat they couldnt even work it out. My mom doesnt like britney (she doesnt hate her she is just not a fan) but she agreed when she thought dat brit and justin were gonna make it. But when she injured her knee i think dats where it really turned. She just needs someone dat will love her and some she will love back. Someone just like justin… Someone she can trust. I think she would come back she probably wont be as big as she was b4 honestly (dont hate me… She lost most of her fan base) but she will definetly have da biggest comeback in da history of music. Unless Michael is plannin something big…lol! Yea but anyway like prem said most of da shit she goin through could have been prevented. Oprah would be good 2 but it has 2 be somebody who is not doin it 4 da money or wuteva it is….